Re: RAC servers as-is move to new DataCenter

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:45:21 -0400

On 03/19/2015 01:23 PM, msanjeevk wrote:
> All,
>
> We have 2 node 11.2.0.4 RAC on OEL 6.5 (64bit) using Pure Storage
> LUN's for ASM in DataCenter1(DC1)
>
> We do not use ASMLIB. For device persistence use combination of udev
> and multipath.conf
>
> Requirement is to move servers(as-is move) -- to new DataCenter2(DC2)
> which has its own seperate Pure Storage Array
>
> Public/VIP and SCAN IP's will remain the same after move to new DC2
>
> I've checked the possibility of building 2 new servers at DC2 and
> setup standby etc to do cutover with less downtime however been told
> they don't have budget to buy new servers at DC2.
>
> At highlevel plan will be - haven't done the POC yet for this:

Well, the POC includes U-Haul and lots of bubble wrap and pillows. Make sure to drive in the passing lane, no faster than 50 MPH. That will reduce stress on you. You should also pick the right time for driving. In and around the New York City tri-state area, it's best to drive on I-95 or LIE around 8AM, on the work day.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA