Re: Performance problems after moving to new hardware

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 19:45:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi Sandra,
i remember your issue and my latest reply. This is a bad (Oracle) support situation and even worst that you had to revert to the old hardware.

However did you verify the mentioned service time (= storage wait) and host wait time? And if yes - did you DTrace the issue as suggested? What were the results? I think there is some way to find the issue with DTrace (even without Oracle support) based on your description and AWR data.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK