RE: Reduce latch row cache objects with event 10089

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:08:30 +0000

Two other things to check, then:
a) can you get rid of any indexes - the more you have the more work it takes to optimise a statement.

b) can you check v$active_session_history to see if there are any statements which spend a lot of CPU time in parsing ? It's possible that a small class of statements is responsible for the problem without standing out.  There are two columns (in_parse, and in_hard_parse, I think) that would be particularly relevant grouped by time and sql_id; and you might be able to do something with checking for SQL_IDs that are blocked by statements that are in_hard_parse. You may find (if you're lucky) that there's some particular transformation that introduces a lot of extra work in a few cases.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle