Re: RMAN backup validate

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 16:24:16 -0500

Depends on your environment and circumstances. RAC is not HA unless the storage itself is replicated outside your data center. Logical corruption can require restores to an earlier point in time. Basically if you have an rman backup, you should have a tested plan for using it or there is no point in taking it.

Sent from my iPad