Re: RMAN backup validate

From: Joel Slowik <jslowik_at_cps92.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 16:55:37 +0000

That's basically what I do. I use validate backup after every nightly RMan backup buy I also have a script to load in a backup to a second database once per week as another layer to test our recovery. Be careful though because you can find your self going crazy and test a whole suite of scenarios over time...just in case :)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 14, 2015, at 11:28, Chen Zhou <oracle.unknowns_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Everyone,
> If I ran RMAN Validate copy of database check logical and it returns no corruption, does it mean the image copy is good?
> I have a large database that is backed up by using incrementally updated image copy.
> I am wondering how would I know for sure if the backup is still good.
> Should I recreate the whole backup once in a while?
> Thank you for your thoughts.
> Chen

 Confidentiality Note: This electronic message transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received this transmission, but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact Continuum Performance Systems at {203.245.5000} and delete and destroy the original message and all copies.