RE: Dormant database user accounts

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 19:22:28 +0000

If you are going to notify the user I think you should send the email X days prior to deleting the account.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 11:06 AM
To: lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Dormant database user accounts

You need to be a little cautions about this. We have accounts that own objects that we never log in to. But the objects are critical.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Leroy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu<mailto:lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>> wrote: All –

We are currently having a discussion in house about user accounts in the databases that are considered ‘dormant’ or unused. I want to set a limit of one year. If after one year, the account has not been used at all, then I want to delete the account and send an email to the last known email address informing the customer. How do other places handle this situation? Do you lock the accounts and then notify customers – then delete if no response in 2 weeks? What time limits are other people using? I see some people are doing 90 days of not logging in flags an account as ‘dormant’.

LeRoy

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 13 2015 - 20:22:28 CET