Re: 20 TB Bigfile

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:47:04 -0400

Hi Keith,
Stefan has mentioned multi-section backups, which will speed up you backup, but not above what's possible on the channel. Better question would be why would you want to go with big file tablespaces? What would be the advantage? By increasing block size to 16K, you can have 1023 64GB disks in a single ASM disk group. Do you really need to go above that?

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
http://mgogala.freehostia.com