Re: To Be Build Document

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:37:24 -0500

Tim is right however that it's sketchy to ask outright for a specific confidential document when the author has refused to share directly. A better way to phrase the question might be this (I've often thought of asking this question too):

I work for a regional consulting shop and one of our customers has asked us to help them prepare for a SuperCluster deployment. The process of working with this customer has gotten me thinking...
  1. For those who have purchased or are purchasing any kind of SuperCluster deployment workshop: what material is important to you to be included in a workshop of this nature? What would you expect/desire a vendor like us to offer in order to be competitive? Is there anything you feel is *missing* from most workshops currently on the market?
  2. If anyone out there has organized similar workshops and is willing to collaborate - can we compare notes?

We think very highly of [somecompany ACS]'s workshop and curriculum but they have not been willing to collaborate with us. (Perhaps not surprising.) Nonetheless, this workshop does provide something of a starting point as many customers are familiar with it.

Also, George, if your customer is specifically asking you to cover "the same scope as [somecompany ACS]" then they should probably provide the scope to you. They can go directly to [somecompany ACS] and ask for a sample Table of Contents or scope; if they are truly a potential customer then [somecompany ACS] may provide it directly to them. The actual documents may be NDA, but they should still be able to come to you and give you an idea what they specifically need so you can give a quote.

-J

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider