Re: Jan 2015 JVM PSU

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 17:37:30 +0000

The trouble is: an increasing amount of Oracle functionality is dependent on the JVM without explicitly stating so.

Ian MacGregor
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
On Mar 5, 2015, at 8:47 AM, Steve Harville <steve.harville_at_gmail.com<mailto:steve.harville_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

+1 Jeremy <Plug for minimal installations> That's what we do too.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com<mailto:jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>> wrote: In our case, we don't install the JVM as part of our standard DB creation scripts - because it's not needed by the apps we're running. Since it wasn't installed, it didn't need to be patched.

<Plug for minimal installations>

-J
--

http://about.me/jeremy_schneider