RE: Performance problems after moving to new hardware

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:54:06 -0500

If you are using ZFS for the file system, you may want to find out the zfs cache settings from a sysadmin. A reasonable value may be about 10% of the physical memory (assuming the T5 has at least 128G memory).

Also double check if the cache in EMC array is enabled.. accidentally/unintentionally turning it off will yield poor response times.. though rare, worth checking it.

-Upendra

Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 15:27:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Performance problems after moving to new hardware From: sbecker6925_at_gmail.com
To: mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

We migrated from a Dell platform.

Sandy

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au> wrote: Hi Sandra,

What was the hardware platform that you migrated this system from? Was it T5 or other?

Regards,

Mark

--

Sandy