Re: Cache hash chains

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:24:17 +0100 (CET)

Hi Paul,
in addition to Jonathan's reply - the hash bucket / chain and its related buffer headers is not necessarily linked to one working data set. The hashing mechanism for placing and locating buffers (headers) is working across working data sets. You can also see that in my blog post example - please check the first or last buffer header (obj 6399 & 8) for verification: http://tinyurl.com/qc7d65h

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK