Connection pool issues

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:30:14 -0700

Oracle - EE 11.2.0.2

This week users started having issues connecting to a database. Error below:

Could not retrieve documents from the docStore: exception was com.ghx.docstore.DocStoreException: Cannot get Connection to: db_arch

In the log someone also saw

Caused by: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: All connections in the Universal Connection Pool are in use

Obviously, something isn't releasing the connection back to the pool. I've queried longops to no avail. I've seen sessions using a tremendous amount of CPU or I/O. When those sessions were killed, we see an immediate uptick in processing. The only change to the database occurred last Friday--we removed the oldest year of data from partitioned tables and rebuilt unusable indexes. No code releases were done.

My question: Is there anything I can query to see what session(s) are causing the problem other than what I'm already doing?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
--

Sandy
GHX