Re: Primary shows no gap, but standby is missing an archivelog

From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:26:35 -0500

I’d have to give your question a little more thought for a good answer but hopefully you have a backup of that log or are prepared to rebuild the standby or ship an incremental backup over and apply it to the standby.

I have a suggestion moving forward. If you’re not already using RMAN use it minimally to manage your archivelog deletions. You can define the ARCHIVE DELETION POLICY to SHIPPED or APPLIED TO STANDBY and when you run a delete archivelog statement it will not delete archivelogs that don’t meet your requirements unless you provide the force option.