Re: MOS credentials in EM12c

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:14:37 -0600 (CST)

Hey T.J.,

> I have managed to bring an EM12c server to life on OL6 and add the
> repository host & db as targets. I'd like to install some Windows agents,
> but I can't get EM12c to connect to Oracle Support. I have confirmed
> connectivity with No Proxy, but when I enter my credentials, it returns "
> Unable to complete network operation against My Oracle Support. Please check
> network connectivity to Oracle Support Site."

Because the login from EM appears to own the targets uploaded to MOS under the "System" tab, I created a MOS user specifically for EM to use. This MOS user has privs to create/update SRs, download patches, and admin assets.

This has the advantages of being able to "mess" with that account without affecting my own ability to login to MOS, create SRs, etc. It will also still exist and be active should I win the lottery.

You could check to make sure your MOS account has at least those privs, although I'm not sure of the requirements for EM12c.

BTW, the Systems tab in MOS is very slow ATM for me. Remote possibility you're hitting a timeout builtin to EM?

Just a few thoughts...

GL!
Rich