Informal poll: What's your avg redo write time?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:10:23 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

In 11.2.0.3 on AIX 7.1, I'm tracing down an issue on an SR and stumbled into the world of LGWR.  It's causing blocking locks (falsely being reported, I believe) when stressed, so I'm looking at LGWR performance.

Using Kyle Hailey's average log write time query at the bottom of -- NOTE: TUNING PACK LICENSE REQUIRED -- http://www.oaktable.net/content/lgwr-redo-write-times-log-file-parallel-write my average is about 0.52ms with 90% of all between 0.4ms and 0.6ms, and another 8.4% at 0.7ms.

Knowing that there's over-committing going on, I'm thinking that 0.52ms isn't my issue, but what are other folks getting?

TIA!
Rich

p.s.  Testing HTML
formatting -- apologies if this message doesn't look like it should!