RE: Exchange Partition

From: Abhishek Gurung <abhishek.gurung_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:43:53 +0530

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the links.
My problem is not partitioning of nested tables but exchanging of nested table partition. We load data daily into these tables and reports are run on these tables. We have created partition for each day so a new partitioned is created each day. We now decided to load data daily into fresh table and exchange the partition with this table. We are able to do that for tables with normal columns but not with tables containing nested columns.

Regards
Abhishek

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 06:11:37 -0700
From: tim_at_evdbt.com
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Exchange Partition

Abhishek,

Hopefully the documentation at "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e11822/adobjcol.htm#ADOBJ00608" about partitioning nested tables or at "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25523/part_admin001.htm#CDCHCHBD" about partitioning collections will help?

Hope this helps?

-Tim

    On 2/18/15 3:56, Abhishek Gurung wrote:

      Hi,

        My query is how we can exchange partition of a table with
          another table(without partition) with same structure in other
          schema.
        The problem is table contains nested columns(Columns with
          table types).
        Is there a way we can achieve this.

        Regards
        Abhishek