RE: MySQL Support

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:12:07 -0500

Some of the MySQL tools require you to have Oracle's support. Like Mysql Enterprise backup and MySQL monitor etc. If you don't need any of those tools then Percona support would also be cost effective and better support.

Good luck!

-Upendra

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:22:14 +0530
Subject: Re: MySQL Support
From: ankit.thakwani_at_gmail.com
To: backseatdba_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Hi Jeff,

Percona also offer to support a single DB Instanceý, I suppose that should be perfect for your use case.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Sent from my BlackBerry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         From: Jeff CSent: Tuesday 17 February 2015 21:02To: oracle-l_at_freelists.orgReply To: backseatdba_at_gmail.comSubject: MySQL Support
I have a question about MySQL support. We currently have never used MySQL but recently purchased a 3rd party application that will run locally and use the free version of MySQL but my question is how do I get support. Do we need to purchase a support package from Oracle? I am not sure how much we will even need it but if there is issues with patch and I need to talk to someone what do I do? Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Jeff

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 18 2015 - 05:12:07 CET

Original text of this message