Re: block chg tracking

From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 06:48:20 -0500

We moved our local standby databases to netapp (any snapshot storage could suffice) and replaced RMAN backups with standby snapshots. This gives us image file full backups every two hours. It also removed the RMAN cpu/io from production.

We rely on autobackup for controlfile and spfile.

We also need to run occasional validates to catch any potential corruption.

Restore options are copy from image files or switch to copy and roll forward using archivelogs shipped and retained on the standby. Two hours of logs beats full or incr restores hands down. We could also take an immediate snap and reduce the roll forward to almost nothing.

Kenny