Re: block chg tracking

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:50:04 -0500

Ah yes, the good, old merge backup. However, it's cheating. One does not do "recover datafile" if the data file becomes corrupt, one does "switch datafile to copy" and then applies logs. Yes, I agree, that's the way of restoring incremental backups only. In addition to that, this will require a fairly large amount of storage. Device type SBT is still cheaper when it comes to storage.