Re: Relocating LOB segment

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 15:15:38 -0800

If / when you upgrade to 12.1 (Oracle Database 12c), more parallelism on SecureFiles LOBs is supported. Also, you can use the (new in 12c) "ONLINE" keyword with the "ALTER TABLE MOVE" statement to move and/or compress and/or convert data while the table remains fully online...KJ
--
Kevin Jernigan
Senior Director Product Management