RE: sysdba

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 16:15:47 +0000

Thx Chris. I was googling this and found that if I have: QL> show parameter remote_login_passwordfile
NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
remote_login_passwordfile string EXCLUSIVE

Does that mean I already have one for this instance? And if so, how come my grant didn't work?

Brian

From: Ruel, Chris [mailto:Chris.Ruel_at_lfg.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 10:04 AM To: Zelli, Brian; oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: RE: sysdba

That should be all.

Create the password file with the orapwd utility as the Oracle software installation owner.

Password file must be called:

Windows: $ORACLE_HOME\database\PWD<instance_name>.ora

Linux/Unix: $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapw<instance_name>

Chris..

Chris Ruel * Oracle Database Administrator * Lincoln Financial Group cruel_at_lfg.com<mailto:cruel_at_lfg.com> * Desk:317.759.2172 * Cell 317.523.8482

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:56 AM To: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>) Subject: sysdba

I tried to grant a user sysbda privs and got the:

ORA-01994: GRANT failed: password file missing or disabled I understand that I have to create a passwordfile for the instance. But is that all I have to do?

Then do I issue the grant the same way?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 04 2015 - 17:15:47 CET

Original text of this message