Re: block chg tracking

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 22:06:09 -0800

here's a short blog post on BCT setup and overhead

http://datavirtualizer.com/block-change-tracking-setup-and-overhead/

we use BCT extensively at Delphix to efficiently collect changed blocks from our last RMAN incremental SCN in order to build fast provisioning points for thin clones a.k.a virtual databases. Using a block sharing + redirect on write file systems along with compression and the changed blocks we can provide access to a database any where in the past 30 days in a few minutes for typically just over the size of the original database.

Best
Kyle
http://datavirtualizer.com