Re: EM access to developers

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:53:16 -0500

Hi Pete,
I beg to differ. EM is a DB management tool and I cannot fathom what would developers do with it? SQL plans are available from SQL Developer. Developers should use development tools, DBA should use management tools. It's not us and them, it's a division of labor. I doubt that developers would be interested in how long did the backup run or how many log switches are generated during the peek time business hours. So, it's us using EM and them using SQL Developer and Eclipse. That's just the natural order of things.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA