RE: Hiding data model

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:14:53 +0000

Harmandeep, I think wanting to hide the data model from the DBA is just plain dumb. We have purchased vendor products that came with data model documentation. It was provided so you (the customer) could interface other systems into the model and/or figure out where to query data via your adhoc query tools.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Harmandeep Singh Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:40 AM To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Hiding data model

Hi Experts,

We are having data model for our product, which we do not want to expose to our customers. That is we want even the DBA of customer with sys privileges should not understand /access the data model( like table definitions, columns ).

I am aware of options like VPD, which is data level security feature as per my understanding.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks,
Harmandeep Singh