Re: Need URGENT help in addressing the query performance degradation after upgrading the database to Oarcle 11gR2

From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:57:33 -0500

Did you, by any chance, make any other changes during this migration? Like changing memory settings, for example.

This sounds remarkably similar to a question asked recently in another forum, where the Original Poster had (eventually) admitted to reducing SGA_MAX_SIZE from 6GB to 1GB. Something like that probably would explain the problems you are seeing -- if the database is so starved for memory that it cannot effectively cache the data dictionary, it would explain the drastic increase in compile time.

AWR reports -- particularly Top-5-Waits -- for pre- and post-upgrade would indeed be very helpful. Even better, show us the complete "first page" of each report.