Re: Index choice

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:08:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi Mohamed,
if your issue is really caused by the calculated clustering factor. Have you already cross-checked, that the clustering factor calculation represents the "real world work"?

There is a back-ported enhancement request ("Bug 13262857 Enh: provide some control over DBMS_STATS index clustering factor computation INDEX") for this, which can help in such cases. Richard Foote blogged about this enhancement and how it works: https://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/important-clustering-factor-calculation-improvement-fix-you/

Maybe this is also a valid solution for you (dependent on the CF root cause of course).

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK