DB Merge Ideas?

From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:50:49 -0800

Hello list,

We have 16 similar instances that we want to merge into a single instance. I'm looking for input on the best method. Below is all I could think of to help.

Oracle 12.1.0.1 on Linux
All instances exist on the same server.
ASM is being used. Currently one diskgroup for all instances. No tables have the same name.
The tablespaces that matter do not have the same name between databases (one db is TBS0, another is TBS1, and so on). Each is around 500GB (5.5TB total).
We do not have golden gate license.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking of transportable tablespaces, but I'm looking for other input. I need to minimize downtime.

--
Michael Cunningham