RE: Odd table name

From: Ruel, Chris <Chris.Ruel_at_lfg.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:25:43 +0000

I am sure this will be one of many responses…

If you create objects with Doubles quotes around the name, you can use spaces and mixed case. Please, don’t ever…

Chris..

Chris Ruel * Oracle Database Administrator * Lincoln Financial Group cruel_at_lfg.com<mailto:cruel_at_lfg.com> * Desk:317.759.2172 * Cell 317.523.8482

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Orlando L Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:22 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Odd table name

List

We have a 9i system and I came across a table like this:

SQL> select owner, object_name, object_type, status from dba_objects where object_name like 'WHI%'; OWNER OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_TYPE STATUS

ABCDEFG         WHI Unique                TABLE              VALID
SQL> Never seen any table with a space in the name. Has anyone seen similar stuff? Why would the third party vendor name this way. I have to double quote the name to query and desc.

OL.

Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Dec 16 2014 - 21:25:43 CET

Original text of this message