RE: Anyone running Oracle 12 in single tenant mode?

From: Leroy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:26:09 +0000

Markus,

I am just starting out with 12C in the non-CDB architecture. I plan to go to prod with this architecture until I become more comfortable with the new technology. Upgrading to 12c resolves other issues that we are having with 11.2, so it makes sense for us to move to 12c now and implement the CDB later. But in my test environment, I am having a lot of performance issues right now.

LeRoy

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zwettler Markus (OIZ) Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 5:48 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Anyone running Oracle 12 in single tenant mode?

Hi,

We are planning our lifecycle to Oracle 12c. We have to decide which architecture we use. Classic Non-CDB architecture or the new CDB architecture.

We will _not_ (or better cannot) license the multitenant option (ever). We could only use single tenant therefore which is included with the base license.

Does anyone use single tenant across the board who could share his experience? Is there any overhead compared as operating in Non-CDB mode?

Regards, Markus