Re: Monitoring of standby databases in em12c

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 08:56:34 -0600 (CST)

Hey Niall,

> While I do the exchange of updates dance with support (18 days and
> counting) ! Does anyone have Oracle 11.2 databases with physical standby
> databases monitored with EM 12.1.0.4 and the 12.1.0.6 database plugin?

It's not your exact setup, but it might be worth mentioning that my EM 12.1.0.3 with DB plugin 12.1.0.5, monitoring EE DB 11.2.0.3.8 with a physical Active Data Guard that was manually added to EM 3 months ago does not have your issues.

It does make me glad that I haven't been able to find the time to upgrade EM yet though, so thanks for that!

And I don't consider 18 days to be so bad, as my chain of SRs goes back 2+ years for long-running PQ causing EM blocking lock alerts (actually a DB issue).

GL! A followup on your solution here would be greatly appreciated!

Rich