Re: Datagaurd without catalog database

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 14:13:17 +0300

Dear Walid,

If you are planning to offload RMAN backups to your DR databases, then, you must use the catalog, otherwise, need not to worry. Just a quick question on restore. If you want to restore a database to a month back date, how are you going to do it?

Regards,

--
Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE Director
<http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:4640302666204919::NO:4:P4_ID:186>
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
<http://education.oracle.com/education/otn/shussain.html>
Lead-author Expert Oracle RAC 12c <http://www.apress.com/9781430250449>
Co-author Oracle 11gR1/R2 RAC Essentials <http://link.packtpub.com/yNZicz>
*Oracle Magazine DBA of year (2011)*
OCP 8i/9i/10g/11g DBA, RAC Certified Expert, ITIL V3 foundation certified
Charity : www.sajcharity.org
I blog at  : http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/sjaffarhussain
Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/sjaffarhussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."