Re: pricing

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:11:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi Brian,
there is a license minimum for named users based on the edition, so the amount of cpu sockets, cores and edition may matters. Otherwise it is just the price times the quantity.

Source: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/databaselicensing-070584.pdf

  • Standard Edition One requires a minimum of 5 Named User Plus licenses or the total number of actual users, which ever is greater
  • Standard Edition requires a minimum of 5 Named User Plus licenses or the total number of actual users, which ever is greater
  • The Enterprise Edition requires a minimum of 25 Named User Plus per Processor licenses or the total number of actual users, whichever is greater

What kind of edition you have to use depends on your application and the amount of sockets (SEO <= 2 sockets, SE <= 4 sockets, EE >= 4 sockets).

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK