Re: DBPITR Question

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:07:37 -0600

Mohammed,

Doing either of these is not necessary. If you have flashback database enabled on your standby, just make sure you have enough retention to flashback to before the resetlogs.

If you don't have flashback database enabled, simply create a guaranteed restore point on the standby before the resetlogs.

When you are done with the PITR on the primary, flashback the standby to before the resetlogs and enable recovery as normal.

Disabling cluster_database will not make any difference in either the primary or standby database.

Seth Miller

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Mohammed Bhatti <mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com