Enabling the ASM filter driver

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 08:52:59 -0600

This is on rhel 6.5:

I read some about ASMFD, and decided to experiment with it. I pulled out the Oracle documentation, and went through the step by step instructions to upgrade ASMLIB to ASMFD. This is in the Oracle ASM Administrators Guide. I ran the dsset command as instructed (note, I have tried it both with and without quotes:

asmcmd dsset ORCL:*,AFD:*

Then shut down my sandbox cluster.
I get to the point where I am attempting to enable the driver and this is what I get:

[root_at_vmrh65node2 ~]# $ORACLE_HOME/bin/asmcmd afd_configure Connected to an idle instance.
ASMCMD-9519: ASMLib is present with ASM disk string 'ORCL:*,AFD:*'; command requires default ASM disk string

I unloaded the ASMLIB and tried again, and received the same error. Has anyone done this before, and can they point me to what I am doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Nov 06 2014 - 15:52:59 CET

Original text of this message