Re: Western European database characterset

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:14:27 +0100

Markus,

In general I'd user AL32UTF8 for every database. (my opinion) If a client does not use it, still it will work and should be capable for future upgrades.

NLS_LANG on client side must set according to the client application (NOT identical to the DB characterset).

By these settings, writing to the DB should be possible in any case, and clients can display every data, unless it's not mappable in their codepage.

Martin