Re: rapid growth for sysaux tablespace

From: Mostafa Eletriby <m_etrib_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 01:56:11 -0700

Hello ,
Actually I ran this  query & found the top segments that consume storage.
But don't know what should I do exactly to shrink space.
As shown below:-
Also I checked Support Doc 287679.1  , Please advice me.

Thanks

OWNER
------------------------------
SEGMENT_NAME
  SIZE_MBS
----------
SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_H_OBJ#_ICOL#_ST
     27919

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_H_ST
     23305

SYS
WRI$_OPTSTAT_HISTGRM_HISTORY
     22655

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_HH_OBJ_ICOL_ST
     19634

SYS
WRI$_OPTSTAT_HISTHEAD_HISTORY

     18846

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_HH_ST
      9027

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_IND_OBJ#_ST
      6372

SYS
WRI$_OPTSTAT_IND_HISTORY
      4740

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_IND_ST
      4388

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_TAB_OBJ#_ST
      3790

SYS
I_WRI$_OPTSTAT_TAB_ST
      2581

SYS
WRI$_OPTSTAT_TAB_HISTORY
      2366

SYS
WRH$_SYSMETRIC_HISTORY
      1461

SYS

WRH$_SYSMETRIC_HISTORY_INDEX
      1091

SYS
WRH$_ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY
       513

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:26 PM, Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com> wrote:

​I'd check to see what segment(s) are consuming space in SYSAUX and then cross reference those objects in Oracle Support to see if there are known issues and workarounds/solutions.

select owner, segment_name, bytes/1024/1024 as size_mbs
from dba_segments
where tablespace_name = 'SYSAUX'
order by bytes desc
/

Then cross reference those objects in Oracle support...

Chris
​

Dear All,