Need some input regarding ASM Error on ASM Instance

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:03:17 -0500

Guys,

Versions:
ASM instance = 11.1.0.7
Database instance = 11.1.0.7
Clusterware version = 11.1.0.7
OS = Red Hat 5.7

I'm on a new client site and I'm doing some fact finding about their environment.
While logged into their +ASM instance, I did the following:

select * from v$asm_disk; (just to see the disks that are allocated)

I received the following error:

select * from v$asm_disk

              *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-15032: not all alterations performed
ORA-29702: error occurred in Cluster Group Service operation
ORA-29702: error occurred in Cluster Group Service operation

When this happened, the Production Oracle DB connected to this ASM instance started complaining about ENQ: SQ - Contention on SYS objects. I'm curious if these 2 events are related and am still investigating.

So, here's my question:
Has anyone seen this ORA-15032 when logged into their ASM instance directly and querying V$ASM_DISK ? We're seeing the ORA-15032 from our prod instance occasionally and we think we have a patch to apply for that but now I'm wondering if it's something deeper.