Re: OT: Reasons to NOT write an Oracle book

From: Bobby Curtis <curtisbl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:35:30 -0400

Guess now that Pete has spoken I can add my two cents……lol

Initially I wanted to write a book just to say I’ve done it. The second book came about because I had the itch to write another. After participating in 2 books, I can say nobody will ever get rich off of writing; especially tech books.

Regards to the books that I’ve done, the process of writing is and was a pain but rewarding if you let it. I enjoy the aspect of sharing what I know or recently learned with the community; however, the same can be done through blogs today. Books are cool and require more work to get out the door; in the end it is cool to have something with your name on it. Books are easier to hand out to parents and grandparents as well. :)

In the end, books are a pain to write; but they are a good outlet for people who have a desire to write and share their knowledge with the community. I think it really boils down to this: “What are you, as the author/co-authors, trying to get out of the book”?

Bobby Curtis, MBA
curtisbl_at_gmail.com
http://about.me/dbasolved