Re: _ASM_ALLOW_ONLY_RAW_DISKS

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 22:29:53 -0500

Kenny,

I'm a little confused by your post. The parameter _ASM_ALLOW_ONLY_RAW_DISKS is not required for using ASM with files on NFS mounts. The configuration to which you are referring is not only common, but the recommended best practice from the Oracle documentation.

Have you started any of your testing yet?

Seth Miller