Re: OT: Reasons to NOT write an Oracle book

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:34:04 -0600

If you're do a lot of short- or medium-term contracts, then being a person who "wrote the book" will generally be an advantage over a competitor for a contract who might (or might not) have even opened a book.

If someone's CV/resume includes a claim of book authorship, then I verify it and also read the reviews, with the understanding that those reviews may have been written by someone not qualified to criticize.