Re: sysdba

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:57:17 +0000

+1 on that.
We include that line, along with a few others, in every $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql file in our little world, so it gets executed every time we launch sqlplus.

FAR more than useful. Kept me from screwing up more than once.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com> Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:01 PM To: ian_at_slac.stanford.edu; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: sysdba

Another way to check/see who are connected is by using a login.sql file with this in it: SET SQLPROMPT "_USER'@'_CONNECT_IDENTIFIER> "

I have found that useful at times.