Re: Migrate databases to new servers and storage

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:46:31 -0600

Thanks everyone for your input. Had a brief discussion this morning with the DBA team. My manager and his manager have told me that I am driving this project and it is up to me to decide how we will proceed. We will be using the "create a standby on the new hardware" option for most of the databases. We have a couple that we can simply take a full backup, shutdown, restore on the new hardware. The usual "it depends" scenarios. Unfortunately, we will not be able to upgrade the 9i and 10g databases since the applications they support are not certified for higher versions.

Great discussion and much appreciated. Thanks again.

Sandy

--
Sandy
GHX