RE: Custom Sequence Generator

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:37:05 +0000

More than 12 digits but since your example is less than 10, perhaps using sys_guid would work?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28286/functions175.htm

hth,
-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ebadi, Abdul Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:28 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Custom Sequence Generator

Hi,

We have a need to generate a 10 or 12 digit unique key. Anyone have a quick function for this? For example: 435A24C1.

We don’t want to use Oracle’s sequences as we are afraid we will run out of unique ones. We need billions of these keys.

Thanks,
Abdul

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 15 2014 - 22:37:05 CEST

Original text of this message