Re: RMAN Duplicate Errors

From: Mohammed Bhatti <mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:53:10 -0400

Hi All,

Thanks Ludovico, but I have this set also. Anyway, update you all on this. Dave Barbour shared an excellent write up for this. I have a very similar environment and I was going from RAC-to-RAC and ASM-to-ASM but I also had TDE enabled. I also opened a support ticket and support provided me with another document to follow as well (Doc ID: 452868.1).

Since I was having problems trying to get the duplicate command to work on the same host i.e. target and aux on the same host, I decided to duplicate to another server (I'm going to be setting up Data Guard anyway so it didn't matter).

Basically, I followed Dave's doc and the above referenced Doc ID. Using dbca, I created a 2-node RAC database (DB02), edited my tnsnames.ora so that I can connect to both target and auxiliary. I created a local listener on both nodes and created an spfile shown below: *.compatible='11.2.0.3.0'
*.db_name='DB02'
DB021.instance_number=1
DB022.instance_number=2
*.remote_listener='10.10.102.31:1521'
*.local_listener='10.10.102.31:1525'

DB022.thread=2
DB021.thread=1
DB021.undo_tablespace='UNDOTBS1'
DB022.undo_tablespace='UNDOTBS2'

Started up nomount DB02 and shutdown instance on node 2, so that I only have one instance running on node 1.

Copied the wallet from target to auxiliary and then issued this on auxiliary (can be run in nomount mode):
alter system set encryption wallet open identified by 'welcome1';

Connected to RMAN as follows:
connect TARGET sys/welcome1_at_DB01
connect AUXILIARY sys/welcome1_at_DB02

And then ran the duplicate command:
duplicate target database to 'B02OAM' from active database DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT '+DATA/DB01', '+DATA/DB02'; And the result was:
contents of Memory Script:
{

   Alter clone database open resetlogs;
}
executing Memory Script

database opened
Finished Duplicate Db at 14-OCT-14

RMAN> exit

Recovery Manager complete.

Thanks all for the suggestions, help, and support.

Regards,

--
mohammed