Re: Q: farsync questions

From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:17:45 +0530

I Would like to know what is the protection mode you have configured? When you say crash its simulated or on its own?

> After that , I've renamed the directory contains the primary db datafiles
and redolog (simluate database loss)
you mean to say directory changed something like this? From: /u01/app/oradata/prod/*.dbf to /u01/app/oradata/prod_new/*.dbf ? Please explain this part more.

> When starting the FS instance , i got errors in the alert log of the FS
complaining it doesn't find the redologs of the primary !! . Have you upated DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT/LOG_FILE_NAME_CONVERT after the renaming directories?

--
Nassyam Basha.
Oracle DBA

Visit My Blog <http://www.oracle-ckpt.com>