Re: New policy on Oracle Certifications

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:06:37 +0100

They do indeed. But the 12c database certification has its own page https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=653&get_params=p_id:248 complete with upgrade tab and steps required to upgrade. The two docs are different for the really old exams (below 9). The chap who blogged the link today, also blogged the one exam upgrade path back in April. https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0856_29

As you might have guessed my database OCP is really old, it has never been worth my while the cost in time and money to cram for another multiple choice exam (and the exam that I would value based on descriptions of the tests - the master exam - has never been valued by the job market). I do have recent experience of certification (for EM) and it hasn't changed my view of the value of the testing much. Would I pay the 220 or so dollars a single exam upgrade would cost me, possibly. I certainly wouldn't pay 500 dollars to do it.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA