RE: New policy on Oracle Certifications

From: Freeman, Donald G. CTR (ABL) <"Freeman,>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:41:03 +0000

If you are employed and your employer is happy it doesn't do anything for you. If it’s a condition of getting the job then it’s a must have. My employer pays my costs for upgrades and additional certification which are really trivial compared to the salary I receive for the job I have. All I have to do is invest the time. I can't recall a time when something I learned during my certification study directly helped me solve a problem or implement something. It has been beneficial many times when engaged in meetings or planning sessions to solve a problem when I can say, "Oracle does that..."