DataPump Clients Over the Network: Some Complex Scenarios

From: Fred Habash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:44:19 -0400

A datapump client needs to know 2 things. Where to put/read the dmp files and where the source schema is (to import or export from).

The former is determined by specifying a connect identified 'expdp user_at_db', whereas the latter is determined by 'network_link'.

It gets a little more complicated if you use both features. For example ...

  1. export remote schema and put is on local host: expdp user/pwd network_link=remote_schema
  2. export remote schema and put is on remote host: expdp user/pwd_at_remotedb remote_link=remote_schema

There are mind-dizzying combination of this. There is one scenario I'm trying to accomplish and I can't. I do not think it is possible.

export remote schema to local host dmp file and import to remote schema using same local host dmp.

What do you think?

Thank you ...

Fred Habash, Database Solutions Architect (Oracle OCP 8i,9i,10g,11g)

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 09 2014 - 17:44:19 CEST

Original text of this message