Re: VMWare and Oracle IO

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:28:48 -0700

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de> wrote:

> What kind of I/O took 3.5 seconds - single block or multi Block I/O (in
> case of mb - what request size)? Any reason for using VMDKs?

Lot's of good suggestions from folks, thanks, will have to re-read and digest later.

I can answer this particular question - it was multiblock IO, 3 blocks if I recall correctly.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com