Re: Check ASM Disk Shaedness on Solaris

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06 Oct 2014 19:23:05 -0000

Yes Andrew, Both node permission are same. If I am running cluvfy from node and specify only one node using comp ssa -n node 1   or only node 2 then results are success but not with all nodes which failed with no shared devices TxSanjay

     On Monday, October 6, 2014 2:20 PM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:

 Is the disk there with the appropriate permissions?

Sent from my iPad
On Oct 6, 2014, at 12:58 PM, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Andrew
While running root.sh on Node 2, got the issue and it failed after start of Css on Node 2 disk Group VOTEOCR creation failed with the following message:ORA-15018 :diskgroup cannot be createdORA-15031 : disk specification "/dev/asm/voteocr1" matches no diskso for remainin disk used for ocr/votingconfiguration of ASM... failed Node 1 was fine with no error and running RegardsSanjay

     On Monday, October 6, 2014 1:48 PM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi.  I would ignore and proceed.  I have seen this a lot, and it is a problem with the installer, not you.

Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:07 AM, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender "smishra_97_at_yahoo.com" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

Hi
Can someone help in chcking the Disk sharedness on Solaris for ASM assigned disk ? Unix SA is saying they had done correctly and disk are shared. I can see the disk on both node and can run dd to read them. But when Oracle cluvfy or install is running, it is giving error that OCR/voting disk defined disk are not shared.  Appreciate if someone can help urgently
TxSanjay